James Smith is a sports consultant with over a decade of experience of working at the elite level of multiple sports including American Football, Rugby Union, Track and Field and Military Special Operations.
As an author he has produced several training manuals and books, worked as the English language editor for world renowned sport scientists Yuri and Natalia Verkhoshansky, and answered several thousand questions as a sponsored coach on Elite FTS.
In this presentation James will present on Global Load Management- his answer to the problems and shortcomings that plague modern strength and conditioning. Over the course of 70 minutes he breaks down
- Each of the key areas that underpin performance- physical, tactical, technical, sensorimotor, therapeutic etc.
- The ultimate objective of each area of preparation in relation to sport performance
- How these areas relate to the competition structure of rugby union
- Daily and weekly organisation of training
- Flow of training means from general to specific both in the yearly preparation and the athlete’s career
- What strength and conditioning can learn from other disciplines and industries
- The future of strength and conditioning….
Want to watch the rest of James’s presentation? Get full access to this webinar, and 12 more like it for just £1, when you sign up for a trial membership of the rugby strength coach community and use the code TRIAL. Click here to sign up.